Now in its 4th edition, META Cinema Forum is the largest cinema convention, covering Middle East and African markets. The event has grown over the years to include more regions, more projects, more partners and become the single most important regional gathering for the cinema sector.
This edition is taking place from 26 – 28 October 2021 at the Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai and is back bigger and better than ever, with more sessions covering various markets in detail, an expanded convention floor, additional trainings, workshops, and of course a stronger line-up of slates, product presentations and film features.
This year, MCF will host several new speakers including:
- Ignace Lahoud, Chief Executive Officer, Majid Al Futtaim – Leisure, Entertainment & Cinemas
- Alejandro Aguilera Garibay, Chief Executive Officer, Cinepolis Gulf
- Andrew Such, Chief Executive Officer, AMC Cinemas
- Cenk Sezgin, Chief Executive Officer, Cinemarine Cinemas, Chairman, CineBodrum Summit and Bodrum Turkish Film Week
- Muslim Jaffer, Chief Executive Officer, Century Cinemax
- Funmilayo Marian Onuma, Country Manager, Silverbird Cinemas, Ghana
- Naaser Sawaf, Acting General Manager, Novo Cinemas, UAE And Bahrain
We will continue our conversation across emerging cinema markets by highlighting projects across a diverse landscape and will see regional insight sessions from:
- Middle East (as per past editions)
- Africa (New in physical form)
- Central Asia (Brand new)
- The Levant (Brand new)
As part of our expansion, the 2021 edition welcomes new partners such as National Film Authority (Ghana), Cinemarine (Turkey), Women in Exhibition (Global), Century Cinemax (East Africa), Silverbird cinemas (West Africa), and Cinema Exhibitors Association of Nigeria in addition to our existing partners.